Fluids

Fluids

Physical velocity in porous formulation FLUENT

• douniaextra1
      Subscriber

Hello everyone

I'm simulating a porous media in FLUENT. and to do that I'm using the power-law model and the physical velocity instead of superficial velocity in the porous formulation. but the problem is, I tried to do that using FLUENT 17 and also 19 and it didn't work because it gives me an error.

but when I'm using Fluent 6.3 it works without error. 

does anyone understand what is going on here? why it works in FLUENT 6 and not in FLUENT 17 or 19?

can someone please tell me how to make the physical velocity formulation work in FLUENT 17 or 19.

I'll be so glad for any comments or answers.

Best regards,

Dounia

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      I would not comment on old versions but try to help on current versions: are you using non equilibrium porous model?
    • douniaextra1
      Subscriber

no, I'm using equilibrium porous model

Best regards,

Dounia 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Add detsils about boundary conditions settings and mesh quality.
    • douniaextra1
      Subscriber

For boundary conditions:

inlet; pressure inlet.

outlet; pressure outlet

walls: loss by convection except for the lower wall which has a heat flux 

porous media: modeled by the power-law model

for mesh, I think that it's good; it's organized and quadrilateral because I have a square geometry 

Best regards;

Dounia

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Sorry not enough information to help there without looking into the case which I am not supposed to do. Can you disable porous media and try running the case? You should debug your case so that one can restrict the roots of failure. 

PS: posting several questions related to the same issue would not automatically accelerate our response. That is an open community where everyone can help and the help is not a task and is not restricted to ANSYS Staff.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.