General Mechanical

General Mechanical

piezo and MEMS

• MaiRabie
      Subscriber

Hello,

Good day

I have ANSYS20 student version and I wanted to download piezo and MEMS extension but I could not find the version that support ANSYS20. The latest version for piezo extension is for Ansys 2019R1  which is not available anymore to download. Any idea what can I do?

Thanks

Mai Ismail

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

Are you talking about an ACT extension?

Thanks.

• MaiRabie
      Subscriber

Hello,

Yes I am talking about ACT extension. My main problem is a I can not obtain my voltage output although I have sent the model to someone and the voltage output is shown to them when they run my model. So I am trying to understand what the problem could be. I have 199 GB space in my laptop so I don't think the disk space is the problem. I will be thankful if you can assest me 

Regards,

Mai

• Karthik R
      Administrator

ACT extensions are generally not updated for every single version on Ansys. They are updated less frequently compared to the product release. Therefore, I'd strongly recommend that you continue using Ansys 2019R1 until the ACT in question is updated to a newer release. 

Please let me know if this resolves your issue. If you have any additional issues, please feel free to reach out here.

Thanks.

Karthik

• MaiRabie
      Subscriber

Hello Karthik,

I am actually working on a bimorph piezoelectric beam but I can not get the voltage output. I sent my model to others and it worked for them perfectly. I was wondering what can be the issue that I can not get the voltage results. 

Thanks

Regards,

Mai

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Could you please post a few screenshots? Are you using any ACT extensions for this? 

Thanks.

Karthik

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.