March 22, 2021 at 10:31 amAchraf113SubscriberHello,nI want to simulate a pin on cylinder friction (wear) while the pin is vibrating ( ultrasonic vibrations) to see the effect of the vibrations on the wear. nIs this scenario possible? n
March 23, 2021 at 12:59 pm1shanAnsys Employee,nThere is no direct way to model vibration induced wear. However, you could define a custom wear model using user subroutine. Please have a look the example 43.3. Modeling (ansys.com) and the user wear subroutine - 2.5. Subroutines for Customizing Contact Interfacial Behavior (ansys.com) (2.5.4)nRegards,nIshan.n
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.