November 30, 2020 at 10:18 amNguyen Van ToanSubscriber
When we simulate multiphase flow using VOF model, what the Pressure-Velocity Coupling Method is appropriate? PISO or Coupled? Which is faster? And for FSI simulation, is there only Coupled available?
Thank you so much!November 30, 2020 at 10:34 amDrAmineAnsys EmployeeA general recommendation in Fluent Multiphase whenever time step size is small PISO will perform better from computational time perspective. Though, I saw a lot of cases running much more efficient using Coupled method . So at the end you need to select the method which works better for you.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- The topic ‘PISO or Coupled (VOF)’ is closed to new replies.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- legend min and max
- Ensight hot iron palette from an image
- Streamlines in EnSight using MRI data
- Import MRI data into Ensight
- FLUENT APPLICATIION ERROR
- Total Surface Heat Flux Calculation in Fluent
- Drop Test of a Water-Filled Tube
- Difference between “total pressure” and “absolute pressure”?
- Minimum Orthogonal Quality Less than 0.01 For Transonic Airfoil Flow Analysis
- obtaining pressure distribution by making points in ansys
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.