Fluids

Fluids

Pitch angle for side 1 and 2

• abbas
      Subscriber

Hello every body,

I am working on turbine and I am confused about Pitch angle for side1 and 2. What does it mean?

This is the domain that I uploaded in here. The first picture shows the stator and the second picture shows the rotor. I want to simulate half of

the geometry. This is a Tesla turbine. So, I use the Frame Change/Mixing Model with Frozen Rotor.  In Pitch Change Options, there are some options but the automatic doesn't work and I have to choose the Specified Pitch Angles. So what does it mean and what angles should I choose.

Best regards

abbas

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      By default, pitch ratio is computed as simply the area ratio of side 1 and side 2. So ideally one only changes in Theta direction. Realistically that differs from one but you need to provide a value near to one as in the axial turbine tutorial.
    • abbas
      Subscriber

Thanks for your help. However, what would be the pitch in my case, because, for my case, the disk which is a rotor is rotating and if I correctly understand your words, it means that the pitch ratio should be 1?

Best regards

Abbas

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Best to be near one as in the workshop
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.