General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Plane stress or plane strain for Railway Ballast system ?

• user8179
      Subscriber

Dear All,

I am working on wooden railsleeper analysis.

Using Druker Prager model for Ballast and soils, Initially I assumed 2D Behavior of RailSleeper and Rails was Plane Stress and for Ballast and soil was Plane stress but I recieved Huge diflections in model as you can see in figure 1.

Later I assumed evrything in Plane stress and recieved very small deflection as you can see n figure 2.

Which one is suitable plane stress for entire model or plain strain for soils and ballst and plane stress for sleeper ?

Kindly give sugesstions, thank you.

• Ashish Khemka
      Ansys Employee
      nI am not sure on how to model this but please see if the following link seems useful -nnnRegards,nAshish Khemkann
    • user8179
      Subscriber
      Hi ashish,nnmany thanks for youe feedback.nI can run the soultion in workbech if consider drucker prager model? I am trying it in apdl. nif possible please answer these questions.nncan i import material model from apdl to workbench ?nI have imported the whole thing from worknech to apdl and if change the material proreties in apdl, colud get the results ? nplease give your sugesstions on drucker prager model in apdl and workbench.nnkind regards,nNaveen mn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.