LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Plastic deformation

• ShubhaPatil16
      Subscriber
      In the deformation drop down if I want to see plastic deformation then how can i see in explicit dynamics? I am performing a simulation of a stone hitting the pipe. If I want to see how deep a dent (permanent plastic deformation) will be created on pipe then how can i check?n
    • Kai
      Ansys Employee
      plotting plastic strain is simple in Explicit Dynamics. You just to insert it under Solution. Did you run into any difficulties? n
    • ShubhaPatil16
      Subscriber
      Thank u I am able to see plastic strain. I want to see how deep is the dent on this steel pipe. How can i check its depth (in mm) if there is no option of plastic deformation?n
    • Mike Rife
      Ansys Employee
      How about plotting the deformation instead, since that is the quantity that you want. If the simulation time was enough for the elastic strain to be recovered and vibrations damped out it should be the 'plastic deformation'. n
    • ShubhaPatil16
      Subscriber
      Array.But by selecting total deformation option i think the software shows elastic + plastic deformation. I want to know how much deep a permanent set (dent) will be created on pipe? nn
    • ShubhaPatil16
      Subscriber
      As you suggested me to increase the end time so that the vibrations will damp. I did the analysis again. But the graph shows the vibrations wont damp. So what can I do? n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.