General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Please help me for ANSYS Mechanical APDL

• Huijuan
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am currently analyzing pressure distribution on the teeth and aligner model on ANSYS Mechanical APDL. I displaced a distance of 0.25mm in the negative y direction, the fixing of load on both end of the aligners and bottom of teeth is done after I finished the contact pairs between the two models. However, When I run the result, i could not get the contact pressure distribution on the surface. May I get some advice from you guys please? I need the results soon, how can i ensure that the aligner surface is in touch with the teeth.

Thank you

Best regards

Jane

• SaiD
      Ansys Employee
      Hi,nBased on the second image, it looks like the aligner has a different curvature than the teeth and that is the reason, the two are not in contact completely. Could you share a snapshot showing how the displacement of 0.25mm was applied (I can't make out the y-axis in this image)? nAlso, are you not getting contact pressure results in the region where contact has been established (on the left and right ends in image 2)? If so, can you share a snapshot showing how the contact and target sides are defined?nThanks,nSainn
    • Huijuan
      Subscriber
      Hi thanks for your reply,nI have been trying to solve the contact issues, they are now in the same shape for both models, I can get the stress distribution, but i just couldnt get the pressure distribution. nThe 0.25mm offset is shown in the picture below, the purple oval represents the teeth and the white line is the aligner. nn
    • Huijuan
      Subscriber

Hi,Based on the second image, it looks like the aligner has a different curvature than the teeth and that is the reason, the two are not in contact completely. Could you share a snapshot showing how the displacement of 0.25mm was applied (I can't make out the y-axis in this image)? Also, are you not getting contact pressure results in the region where contact has been established (on the left and right ends in image 2)? If so, can you share a snapshot showing how the contact and target sides are defined?Thanks,Saihttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/comment/111662#Comment_111662

Hi,nPlease refer to my question in the commented section, appreciate much for the help. nThank younn
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.