September 29, 2022 at 4:58 amMariah HaSubscriber
September 29, 2022 at 8:28 pmKhashayar GhaffariAnsys Employee
Thank you for taking the time to report this. From what I understand the issue you have is that one of the plots (that from the solver itself) reports a range of values that doesn't match the real coordinates and those observed in the 2D monitor you added yourself.
I tried to reproduce this but on my side, but the values match in the example I created. I am not sure whether a specific setup causes the isse you see, or if it's somehow related to the visualization (I notice the legends can be very close in the 3D plot). To confirm the data you can read the y coordinates value from the dataset.
To do this click on the result holder ("CHARGE" or the monitor). Send the results to script (here the result would be "electrostatics") and then read the coordinates (with a command like ?electrostatics.y;). The results from the two monitors should be the same, if not as you suggested there is a software error (which unfortunately I can not recreate on my side).
September 30, 2022 at 4:54 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.