General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Plot damage variable dmac in microplane damage model

• sergio.blanco
      Subscriber

Hello,

I'm simulating the uniaxial traction test of a unit cube with the microplane damage model. I want to plot the dmac variable but I am not able to do that.

I'm new to ansys. I undertand I cannot see directly the damage field in the mechanical workbench. So, have I to plot it in a file? I added the following "command" in the "solution" mechanical-workbench section:

/SHOW png
      esel,all
      /view,1,1,1,1
      plnsol,mpla,dmac

But, although it says it's been successfull, I cannot see the plotted image anywhere. How can I do it? Where to look?

Thank you in advance,

Sergio

• Erik Kostson
      Ansys Employee

Never use miicroplane, but perhaps this helps:

See the help manual for dmac – it is an element output it says in a section.

Also perhaps we need to set the result set, with say set command (set,last,last for last results)

See also if this helps

https://forum.ansys.com/forums/topic/microplane-concrete-output-results/

ALso the commands should be like these - see the help manual for more info on these:

/post1
      set,last,last
      /SHOW,png
      esel,s,ename,,215
      /view,1,1,1,1
      plnsol,mpla,dmac
      /show,close

In apdl it will show (.png) in the working directory, and i apdl in the mechanical window under the command snippet as an image

• sergio.blanco
      Subscriber

Hello Erik,

Thank you very much for your answer. I used the snippet you wrote and it worked perfectly. The figure appeared inside the "Solution" section of the mechanical-workbench, just under the "Command" part.

Thank you again,

Sergio

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.