November 14, 2022 at 4:38 pmsergio.blancoSubscriber
I'm simulating the uniaxial traction test of a unit cube with the microplane damage model. I want to plot the dmac variable but I am not able to do that.
I'm new to ansys. I undertand I cannot see directly the damage field in the mechanical workbench. So, have I to plot it in a file? I added the following "command" in the "solution" mechanical-workbench section:
But, although it says it's been successfull, I cannot see the plotted image anywhere. How can I do it? Where to look?
Thank you in advance,
November 15, 2022 at 7:33 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
Never use miicroplane, but perhaps this helps:
See the help manual for dmac – it is an element output it says in a section.
Also perhaps we need to set the result set, with say set command (set,last,last for last results)
See also if this helps
ALso the commands should be like these - see the help manual for more info on these:
In apdl it will show (.png) in the working directory, and i apdl in the mechanical window under the command snippet as an image
November 15, 2022 at 10:30 amsergio.blancoSubscriber
Thank you very much for your answer. I used the snippet you wrote and it worked perfectly. The figure appeared inside the "Solution" section of the mechanical-workbench, just under the "Command" part.
Thank you again,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.