February 7, 2022 at 5:19 amRosmin_Elsa_MohanSubscriber
I would like to plot the dispersion curve ( something similar to Figure 3(a) in the attached paper) for a gold nanoparticle on Sio2 model. Could you advice on how to model the dispersion plot in FDTD for a gold nanoparticle on SiO2 substrate? Is it possible to obtain dispersion from the absorption profile? Appreciate the advice.February 8, 2022 at 12:00 amGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeYes, you can simulate the band structure. There are many examples: https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043165014
what you need is to choose one example that matches your device, modify its settings, in particular the period and the frequency range, as many parameters are set from "model", not from the groups.
Please try and let me know if you have questions.
PLease note that we use normalized frequency and k-vector points instead of the actual frequency and wave vector. so you may need to modify the script. But first let it work, then improve the result.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.