February 7, 2022 at 5:19 amRosmin_Elsa_MohanSubscriber
I would like to plot the dispersion curve ( something similar to Figure 3(a) in the attached paper) for a gold nanoparticle on Sio2 model. Could you advice on how to model the dispersion plot in FDTD for a gold nanoparticle on SiO2 substrate? Is it possible to obtain dispersion from the absorption profile? Appreciate the advice.February 8, 2022 at 12:00 amGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeYes, you can simulate the band structure. There are many examples: https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360043165014
what you need is to choose one example that matches your device, modify its settings, in particular the period and the frequency range, as many parameters are set from "model", not from the groups.
Please try and let me know if you have questions.
PLease note that we use normalized frequency and k-vector points instead of the actual frequency and wave vector. so you may need to modify the script. But first let it work, then improve the result.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Lumerical support has moved to the Ansys Learning Forum (ALF)
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- focusing efficiency
Top Rated Tags