May 24, 2023 at 3:03 pmThen ElangoSubscriber
I'm using FDTD solver and I'm triying to plot Ex and Ey component as a result of using Frequency domain field profile monitor. I get this result. However I want to view the Ex and Ey components seperately.
Similar to this
I can plot the raw_data, but they are not similar to the above image.
How can I do this?
Any info would be much helpful please.
May 24, 2023 at 4:35 pm
May 24, 2023 at 4:43 pm
May 24, 2023 at 4:48 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
I believe that since the red color represents the peak and the blue corresponds to the minimum values (which are negative). Green represents values close to 0. But if you look at the abs values in the first figure, they are all positive. So again red represents the maximum whereas blue represents the minimum values which are close to 0. In the last figure, when you chose the scalar operation to abs, it means you no longer will see any negative values so now blue corresponds to 0.
May 24, 2023 at 5:18 pmThen ElangoSubscriber
yes, makes sense.
Thanks a lot!! :)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.