June 25, 2022 at 11:44 amCatherine.antipuestoSubscriber
Hi! I would just like to ask how to PLOT the phase reponse graph using Lumerical MODE? Thank you :)
June 27, 2022 at 8:47 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
In both MODE and FDTD, you can plot the phase vs wavelength/frequency, vs space coordinate at a single wavelength, or vs a sweep parameter.
for 1D phase, you can use
plot(x,phase,”x”,”phase”,”phase vs x”)
here x can be wavelength/frequency/space-coordinate/sweep-parameter
for 2D phase, you can use
where x and y are the same as above.
you may use matlab or other 3rd party tools to plot.
You can use pinch to remove singleton dimension.
A plannar frequency-domain monitor gives E/H/P as a function of x,y,z and wavelength/frequency. So in general the phase extracted from a monitor will have 4 dimensions, although one of the xyz will be singleton.
You can specify a particular dimension. Say you have a xy plane monitor. The phase will be
Using pinch to remove z singleton; phase=pinch(phase).
If you want to image phase or a specific wavelength, you can specify the frequency point, say fn (1<=fn<=nf), then
Image(x,y, pinch(phase(:,:fn)), “x”,”y”,”phase”);
June 28, 2022 at 10:35 amCatherine.antipuestoSubscriber
Hello! How where can I get the "phase" data?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.