Fluids

Fluids

Ploting flux and Volume Fraction VS time

• Nicolo
      Subscriber

Hi,

I have performed a (rather lengthily) transient flow simulation. When I tried to check the pressure drop as a function of time apparently it showed only 2 data points (also in animation it had only two data points) while my simulation was run over some thousand of time steps.

From reading this discussion (https://studentcommunity.ansys.com/thread/plotting-temperature-vs-time-for-transient-simulation/) I noticed I have to do some preparation before running my simulations if I want to have such reports, but couldn't quiet understand from this post how to do it.

So I would appreciate it if someone can explain (maybe in a simpler language)

1. How to get the data of P-time at a specific point

2. To plot the mass flux-time for a surface (should I create the surface in Geometry or can I add it Fluent or CFD post)

3. to calculate volume fraction for a specific volume in domain (should I create the surface in Geometry or can I add it Fluent or CFD post)

thanks in advance

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Have a look for monitor points, and in the Report Definition section. You do this before the run and monitor the data in Fluent during the run, you can also write to file. It's a common approach and the tutorials (see the Help section in Fluent) will have examples. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.