Fluids

Fluids

Plotting Pressure Profile Along Curved 3D Pipe

• aarshad
      Subscriber

I have a 3D u-bend pipe and I am trying to plot the pressure on the outside edge and inside edge of the pipe. The outside edge is pictured in yellow and inside edge in red in the second image below. I was looking at some sort of iso-surface, however I wasn't sure how to capture the flow as it moves through the straight sections into the bend of the pipe and back out again. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

• YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      Create 5-7 circular planes between the inlet to the U-bend to the exit. Use them to plot the pressure contours and velocity vectors.n
    • aarshad
      Subscriber
      Thank you YasserSelima, however, I want to be able to plot the pressure values only along those two edges I specified to be able to understand the change in pressure on the inside edge and outside edge of the wall. n
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      So, the best view would be contours on half of the pipe.nOr x-y plot, and you can plot the y-position with pressure on a line coinciding with the two lines you plotted n
    • aarshad
      Subscriber
      could a quadric surface be utilized to plot?n
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      You can do it using an expression ... but this is not what I meant. I meant just drawing a line on your yellow or red lines and plot Y_position Vs. the pressure. You will see 2 values of the pressure at every Y, and you know the higher is for Upstream ...n
    • aarshad
      Subscriber
      I apologize if I am missing what you are describing, if I draw a line, I would only be able to capture the downstream and upstream straight sections of the pipe, correct? How would this account for the curvaturen
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      Check the guide,you can create line and use the line tool to rotate it. nYou have a box called line tool or line/rake tool. Check the box and then you can rotate the line. I did not do it before, but I have seen it in the guiden
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      You can divide your yellow line into three lines; two straight lines and one needs to be rotatedn
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      When you create an isosurface you usually don't pick any other faces, if you do you'll produce the intersect of the two. So, create an isosurface of constant position (x, y, or z coordinate) and pick the pipe outer skin. You'll see two lines and can then plot the xy plot on those. Not sure how you'd then separate the two lines, but the data can be written out as text to work on. n
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.