October 27, 2022 at 7:35 pmTheo CamilleriSubscriber
I have a model where Timestep 1 is assembly and Timestep 2 is the operating condition. I'd like to create a contour plot of the stress ratio between the 2 timesteps, eg: Max Principal @ LS1 / Max Principal @ LS2. My first thought was to create a User Defined Result but I can't figure out how to evaluate the same result (max principal stress) at 2 different timesteps.
Is there any way to do this using the User Defined Result feature in Mechanical or will I have to create an APDL macro?
October 28, 2022 at 4:14 pmAniketAnsys Employee
Insert a result for time at , add an identifier with a unique name to it, lets say, LS1
Similarly, add another result with the identifier LS2 for the second load step.
then add a user-defined result with expression LS2/LS1:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.