January 29, 2023 at 6:30 pmhammadiSubscriber
Tried to simulate a SOI waveguide with 15nm ridge and 200nm slab to find a TM mode. The results closely matches the expectations however, it takes an unexpected turn when the width of simulation boundary varies. The loss increases after a certain width (20-20um) which shouldn't occur. The MODE simulation region stayed within the device. I tried different PML parameters following the preset values in FDTD with no progress. Your help is greatly appreciated.
January 30, 2023 at 8:14 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Most likely this is a leaky mode? please make sure if it is the regualr propgation mode or leaky mode, as the latter is challenge to get converged result. You may use override mesh for the eidge. check the mode profile and see how its tails change with distance. Make sure it is physical.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
- Ansys Insight: Why my simulation result is different from published paper or experiment?
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.