Electronics

Electronics

PMSM simulation in MOTOR CAD

• sundar
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I am new to ansys simulation. I would like to know the following things

1. Shall we simulate permanent magnet synchronous motor using ANSYS_ MOTORCAD
      2. Is there any options to enter the magnet materials properties using hysteresis model?

• HDLI
      Ansys Employee

Yes, we could simulate PMSM motor using MotorCAD.
      For the 2nd question, it is confused for me. We could use hysteresis model to simulate steel in Maxwell, not in MotorCAD. For magnet materials, we can define demagnetization curves to simulate the demagnetization in both Maxwell and MotorCAD, and the hysteresis model that we called in Maxwell could not be used in magnet material with magnetization.
      HDLI

• sundar
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your reply
      For the 2nd question, I meant that whether can we use hysteresis model like Jiles Atherton hystersis model, priesach model etc instead of direct BH curve values to define the magnetic materials in Maxwell.
    • HDLI
      Ansys Employee

Unfortunately, we could not define them for the hysteresis model in the material properties, but please review the following reference.
      Dingsheng Lin, etc. "Improved Vector Play Model and Parameter Identification for Magnetic Hysteresis Materials", IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 2014.
      Thanks.
      HDLI
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.