June 30, 2021 at 8:13 amsundarSubscriber
I am new to ansys simulation. I would like to know the following things
June 30, 2021 at 4:05 pmHDLIAnsys Employee
- Shall we simulate permanent magnet synchronous motor using ANSYS_ MOTORCAD
- Is there any options to enter the magnet materials properties using hysteresis model?
Yes, we could simulate PMSM motor using MotorCAD.
For the 2nd question, it is confused for me. We could use hysteresis model to simulate steel in Maxwell, not in MotorCAD. For magnet materials, we can define demagnetization curves to simulate the demagnetization in both Maxwell and MotorCAD, and the hysteresis model that we called in Maxwell could not be used in magnet material with magnetization.
July 8, 2021 at 9:43 amsundarSubscriberThanks for your reply
For the 2nd question, I meant that whether can we use hysteresis model like Jiles Atherton hystersis model, priesach model etc instead of direct BH curve values to define the magnetic materials in Maxwell.
July 12, 2021 at 4:13 pmHDLIAnsys Employee
Unfortunately, we could not define them for the hysteresis model in the material properties, but please review the following reference.
Dingsheng Lin, etc. "Improved Vector Play Model and Parameter Identification for Magnetic Hysteresis Materials", IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, 2014.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
- Illegal External Terminal – assigning current to a coil
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Domain Decomposition in HFSS
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.