Fluids

Fluids

pneumatic system

Tagged: 

• luca_banks
      Subscriber

hello, 

I had a question about a pneumatic system in Ansys Fluent. 

I want to send compressed air through a tunnel. The compressed air should be 7bar. Is this possible to do in fluent ? How do I have to set my settings for Input and Output to achieve that effect? Sadly I could not find any examples anywhere. Thanks for your help!

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You can. Are you trying to model a pulse, or just pressurise the whole lot to 7 bar? 

• luca_banks
        Subscriber

I want a continuous compressed air flow through the tunnel.

The end goal is to transport a light object with the continuous airflow through the tunnel  or rather to measure the velocity of this object because of the compressed air within a tunnel.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

So 7 bar at one end and ambient at the other? You need to read up on moving mesh or overset mesh and how to avoid wall colissions too. It's not going to be easy. 

• luca_banks
        Subscriber

For simplification reasons I can assume that the compressed air already filled up the tunnel before I started the simulation. So I want to simulate the compressed air, when the air already reached the end. 

• luca_banks
        Subscriber

So my question for the moment is how to set my settings for compressed air, when I want a flow over a cylinder with compressed air being the fluid.

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

So the whole domain is at 7 bar? Sketch out the domain and boundary conditions you want to model (it's a good way to describe the problem), then think why the object will move. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.