February 5, 2022 at 2:08 pmchonkiat.leeSubscriber
Hi, I am running a modal analysis to simulate a point mass in mechanical by connecting to eight (8) vertex and compared to same model in APDL but using RBE3 to connect to point mass but the modal frequency is different despite same model.
So, I open the DB file from mechanical to see the connection type used in mechanical. It seems Targe170 is used to connect the point mass with 8 nodes... but the picture below shows that one of the Targe170 is at the point mass (ELEM 28004).
Can anyone share with me the difference between using RBE3 and TARGE170? Thank you!February 8, 2022 at 8:08 amRuturaj GavaliAnsys EmployeeHey !
Following links might help you to better understand about the RBE3 Command and the TARGE170 Element.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.