Fluids

Fluids

pollutant dispersion of a free surface flow in coastal water

• Khalidelejla
      Subscriber

Hello, everybody

I am a postgraduate student and these days I am trying to make my thesis which based around Simulation of pollutant dispersion of a free surface flow in coastal water

in other words I want to simulate the process of treated wastewater disposal in the sea and studying the change of concentration of different pollutants which mostly dissolved in water

I chose Ansys fluent as my analysis tool

I am new to software, I don't know how to define the treated water effluent which is water + other compounds dissolved in it "which are the thesis intended to study it's concentration diffusion" see the attached image"

please help me I don't know what to do?

Any advices?

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

There are a few options depending on whether you need to worry about waves: there is literature on this subject.  Otherwise have a read up on species and multiphase (VOF and Eulerian) modelling. 

• Khalidelejla
      Subscriber

Can you support me with that lecture "About waves"

Second and more Important How to define a solution which contains lets say (Water + 50mg/l calcium + 40mg/l Amonia)

Thank you very much

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

That's for you to research: in Fluent you'll find the modelling information in the open channel boundary. 

Have a look in the tutorials for species modelling: you may want to review whether you need "water" and "contaminated_water". Have a look at atmospheric dispersion models with CFD. 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.