October 5, 2023 at 12:55 pmKarl SchoppmannSubscriber
my task is to simulate the flow around an obstacle in a 3D domain described by a rectangular box.
boundary conditions: 1x inlet, 1x outlet, 2x symmetry, 2x periodic
surface of obstacle: no-slip wall
My question w.r.t. Fluent Meshing (Watertight Geometry):
I want to have a poly-hexcore mesh with polyhedral cells only in the vicinity of the obstacle and hexahedral cells anywhere else upto the domain boundaries.
However, with poly-hexcore volume mesh settings, I get polyhedral cells at the domain boundaries.
Is there any way to get hexahedral cells upto the domain boundaries?
Thanks for your help!
October 5, 2023 at 1:19 pmRobForum Moderator
You will, Fluent Meshing adds poly cells and then switches to hexcore away from the surfaces.
October 5, 2023 at 1:47 pmKarl SchoppmannSubscriber
So what can I do that Fluent Meshing creates a hexcore mesh directly at domain boundaries (not switching from poly cells to hexcore)?
I want to have poly cells only around the obstacle, but not at domain boundaries...
October 5, 2023 at 2:00 pmRobForum Moderator
You can't, that's how the poly-hexcore mesher works. Is there a reason for not wanting poly cells at the outer regions?
October 6, 2023 at 8:59 amKarl SchoppmannSubscriber
For domain boundaries with periodic boundary condition and remarkable flow over these boundaries, I prefer to have a structured grid - in particular if the shape of the domain (in my case a rectangular box) allows to have hexcore cells upto the domain boundaries...
October 6, 2023 at 3:42 pmRobForum Moderator
You can use Ansys Meshing and decompose the domain, but I generally just use a full poly mesh.
October 6, 2023 at 3:47 pmKarl SchoppmannSubscriber
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- Floating point exception
- How to indetify baffles in Fluent meshing
- How to delete elements on Ansys Workbench
- Meshing cylindrical bodies with holes
- Quality failure limits are exceeded on some solid bodies… in ansys meshing
- Problems in the meshing of my geometry
- Ansys Mechanical – Python Scripting – Access and input parameter
- Fluent Meshing Batch Mode – Problems workflow commands
- Local mesh refinement with targeted edge lengths at specified areas
- Mesh Element Quality Display Style Not Showing
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.