Fluids

Fluids

Polyflow (Blow molding) integration with thermal & CFX

• Hari K
      Subscriber

Hello everyone,

I have a requirement to perform blow molding and heat the mold for some time, say 120sec using heater blocks and cool the mold using cooling blocks. Is this kind of simulation possible in Ansys using Polyflow and then transfer results to thermal. Also while moving the mold from heating machine to cooling machine it exposes to air for some time on the conveyer. 

Can anyone help me what are the component systems I can use in Ansys for this simulation?

Regards

Hari

• Prashanth
      Ansys Employee

Hi

Non-isothermal blow molding can be done using Polyflow. Check here for some tutorials on blow molding in Polyflow help page: https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/Views/Secured/corp/v222/en/poly_pftut/pt03.html

You can then transfer the part to other solvers for further analysis.

• Hari K
        Subscriber

Hi Prasanth,

Thank you for your reply and the useful link. I will try with this and lrt you know

Regards

Hari

• Rahul Mule
      Ansys Employee

Hi Hari,

Please refer Polyflow to Mechanical Data Transfer (ansys.com) for transferring polyflow data to thermal and Using Imported Loads for One-Way FSI (ansys.com) for Mechanical- CFX coupling.

Hope this helps you!

• Hari K
      Subscriber

Hi Rahul,

These links are much helpful for data transfer and FSI. Thank you for hring

Regards

Hari

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.