March 30, 2018 at 4:47 pmroytorcSubscriber
Hi, I am modeling soot formation from combustion process and would like to use the provided population balance model. In order to avoid the computational time issue, I tried to do the PBM from my completed non-premixed combustion with flamelete model.
Below are what I have done so far:
1. Store the parameters I need for PBM phenomena in UDM, which are Temperature, Pressure, Species mass fraction
2. Set species model to Species Transport
3. Enabled Multiphase: Mixture with 2 phases
4. Added soot as new fluid material
5. Set pdf-mixture as my primary phase and soot as secondary phase
6. Enabled Population Balance: Discrete with phenomena
7. Disable all equations in Solution Controls except phase-2 bin
8. Set Phase Interaction-> Mass -> phase-1: a4 to phase-2 Mechanism: Population Balance
However, this simulation was not success as I keep getting 0 as the result for each bin. Both with constant and UDF population balance phenomena. Could you please advise. I am doubting that it is impossible to use PBM with data from UDM.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.