Fluids

Fluids

Population balance model / multiphase flow problem using mass transfer

• Amir
      Subscriber

hello all,
      I'm working on Population balance model / multiphase flow and have just upgraded my fluent from 18.2 to 19.2 version.

I used to specify interphase mass transfer for particle growth rate via phase interaction / mass.
      In 18.2 release a population-balance mechanism is available to model this mass transfer between phases, but in 19.2 this option is not there anymore.

I added two pictures (first from fluent manual and second from my 19.2 version) to give an idea of what I'm talking about (sorry for pictures quality).

Is it deleted in this new version?
      have you ever had same problem between two versions?

any suggestion and comment will be greatly appreciated.
      Amir

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

This option can be selected whenever you are working with any of the PBE methods. Can you verify whether you have activated population balance or not? Are you are opening an old Fluent case in the newer release?

• Amir
      Subscriber

Thanks for your reply,

Yes the Population balance is activated and I created a totaly new case after installing this version.

Best

Amir

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

I definitely have used that for R19.1. But it seems that R19.2 the option is missing. I need to check the issue and will get back to you asap.

• Amir
      Subscriber

Great!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best

Amir

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

I will update you in next days. 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Hello,

I have identified the problem as a small defect and this will be corrected in the next release. For now you can use use R19.1 or use UDF's.

• Amir
      Subscriber

Dear Amine,

Thanks a lot for this information and for identify the source of the problem.

Really appreciate.

Best,

Amir

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You are welcome. It would be kind of you if you mark this as resolved. 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.