Fluids

Fluids

Porous model of fluid

• chand101
      Subscriber

Hello all 

I am trying to model a selective membrane which allows onnly water vapor to pass through it but not allow air . I saw that there is an option to define permeability of porous zone type in fluent. Is it possible to define permeability of porous zone to different species of mixture (water vapor and air) instead of only 1 permeability value of fluid to model the selectivity of the membrane?

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      The decides are transported by a single velocity field. What really work is a wall with source terms at both sides.
    • chand101
      Subscriber

Ok. I want the wall to behave like a membrane which will allow only vapor and not allow air to pass through. Can this be done using porous wall? 

How do i use UDF to define source terms on membrane ? I was planning to define source term on only one side of membrane, make the wall permeable, and fluent determines the concentration on other side of the wall since the wall is permeable to species

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

You require User Defined Functions. An example to be found on the customer portal if you have access to it.

• chand101
      Subscriber

Hello 

I dont have access to customer portal. Do you mind posting the link in the forum?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.