Fluids

Fluids

Porous settings

• Jerry190607
      Subscriber

Hi everyone,

I am simulating an anisotropic medium with CFX. In porosity settings, I can only choose isotropic loss. In order to simulate anisotropic medium, I chose directional loss option so that I can assign different permeability to streamwise loss and transverse loss. But I also required to assign value to directional loss for X, Y and Z components. I have no idea about those components as well as how to set the value. Is there anyone can advise something about that?

The other question is that is it possible to assign three permeability to X, Y and Z axis? If so, how to realize it?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      You can still define source terms (pressure loss terms) in each direction within a subdomain if providing transverse streanwise multiplier is not enough
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Porous media settings are always user input and it depends on your case. You need to derive them based on measurements or any correlations.
    • Jerry190607
      Subscriber

Hi Amine,

Thank you for answering my questions. Can you please tell me what kind of value I should input for the marked area in the picture below? Is the value ranged from 0 to 1 or something else? Thanks again.

Best regards,

Jerry

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.