September 5, 2018 at 7:25 pmAdisaSubscriber
Whether the max stress and strain can be on the difference position on the construction.
For example, I did analysis and the total stain has the plastic and elastic strain and max stress and strain are not on the same position.
Can anyone know, because is this happening.
September 5, 2018 at 8:04 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
If your construction has a mixture of materials, one with linear elastic properties and another with plasticity, then it is possible to have the highest stress on the material with linear elastic material and the highest total strain on the material with the plasticity.
If you have a single material with plasticity and large elements, the default post processing causes the stress to be extrapolated from the integration points, where plasticity is determined,out to the nodes. There is a code snippet to change the default post processing to simply copy the stress from the integration points out to the nodes. When that code snippet is used, the stress in the element does not exceed the yield stress defined in an Elastic, Perfectly Plastic material model.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.