General Mechanical

General Mechanical

post debonding frictional sliding

• Mirghani
      Subscriber

From this discussion I learned that its important to add post debonding frictional sliding. In CZM mode II the frictional sliding should occur after the debonding of the two materials. How can I include the effect of the post debonding frictional sliding on my simulation. I have only one contact region (how can I include the effect of both bonded and frictional contact on one contact region??

• Bhargava Sista
      Ansys Employee

You just define another contact pair on the same set of surfaces (or edges) and set it's type to Frictional. Each contact pair will create a new set of contact-target element pairs which have their normal and tangential contact stiffness. When the debonding has not occurred, the bonded contact prevents any sliding or separation so the frictional contact pair does not affect the simulation. But once the debonding occurs, they start providing the normal and the tangential stiffness required to prevent penetration and offer resistance to sliding.

• Mirghani
      Subscriber
      Bsista
      Thank you for your answer. So simply the same contact region will have both types of contact on the same time, so after bonded contact with CZM i just have to add the same cantact region again manually and assign it with frictional contact type. I searched online but I didn't see any video or article talking about this before except your discussion and Mr. Sandeep in the refered discussion above.
    • Amin
      Subscriber

Hi,

I used proposed method to input the friction coefficient, and I get the following warning: ' this connection object shares the same geometries with one or more connection objects. This may over-constrain the model. Consider eliminating some connection objects'

I would like to ask you if this warning affect the results. 

Is the new frictional contact group created eliminate the previous contact group (bonded one). Knowing that I create two contact groups: the first one is bonded contact type and assigned to them CZM. and the second group is Frictional  created as proposed to assign the friction coefficient.

Kinds,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.