Fluids

Fluids

Post processing for transient DPM

• pmeghana
      Subscriber

Hello, I am working on the fate and transport of particles in an enclosed space with a flowfield created by a rotating ceiling fan. I have run the simulation for only flow and momentum with injections of particles at different locations for a few seconds. I have trap BC for the walls of the room and the fan.

I have got results for flow and particles tracks on fluent. I am able to visually represent the particle at the last time step of the calculation and the animation of the particle trajectory. But I am not able to export data for each particle/parcel at each time step.

I have created automatic export for particle history for CFD-post, and this gives me .XML which when loaded shows the particle track on CFD-post. I could not export the consolidated data even when I tried from CFD-post. I try selecting few variables I want to export, but it shows the selected variable data isn't present and will be omitted from the .csv file.

I thought I might have missed selecting the said variables from the export file in fluent, but all those variables aren't there.

Particle tracks from results lets me write the current positions, but how do I get for all the timesteps? I have tried sampling from the discrete model reports, but this is slowing down my simulation.

Is there any way for me to get/export the particle history into MSexcel, so that I can find out, when, where and which particles are being trapped?

thankyou for your help.

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      If you want to get particle history on certain boundary or plane you can just do that using DPM Sampling. If you want to get the tracks of the particles in the whole domain and you want to visualize it then you need to do an export like the one with CFD-Post or EnSight. I do not understand the issue you are seeing with the XML file? Please add more info.
    • pmeghana
      Subscriber
      thank you. I'm sorry but I had missed out on saving ASCII files hence I had so much confusion.
      The XML file is working fine with CFD post.
    • DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      Super!
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.