LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Topics relate to LS-DYNA, Autodyn, Explicit STR and more

Post-Processing Load(Force) in LS-Dyna

• Ha heongyu
      Subscriber

Hi there, I am Student majoring Mechanical Engineering and Researching Stamping Forming Simulation.

I want to plot Load-Stroke Graph in LS-Dyna.

In paper "Development of oil canning index model for sheet metal forming products with large curvature",

Author drawed the Load-Displacement Graph to analyze "oil-canning" effect.

I tried to find out "Force" or "Load" Load in Fringe But Failed and only many types of "stress" were exsists.

So, Is there any way that i can plot "force" in LS-Dyna?

Or, Just theoriticaly multiply the "stress" and "area of single mesh" and use this as a Force?

Please help me.

Thank you.

• Armin_A
      Subscriber

Hi Ha,

Forces can be obtained in different ways, please see the following link where this topic is discussed in more detail: https://www.dynasupport.com/howtos/general/force-analysis

In short, look for forces after you select ASCII or BINOUT as shown below with a red box:

• Ha heongyu
        Subscriber

Thank you for answering and I tried.

But I think my simulation result file originally doesn’t include files such as .nodforc , .rcforc .

Do i have to pre-set to get a such file before simulation?

Or i can post-process the force output after simulation?

I also tried to see the contact force or reaction force by opening d3plot in Ansys Mechanical,

but solution failed or every values are all zero.

Other results such as stress or strain comes out in normal operation.

I will very appreciate if you help me some more.

As i posted before, I want to see the reaction force of the sheet against the Punch and External force of the Punch During Stamping forming Simulation.

Thank you.

• Armin_A
      Subscriber

Hi Ha,

You need *DATABASE_Option cards in your input file to be able to write such output files and access the data.
      For example, you need to add the *DATABASE_RCFORC card to be able to store and access the rcforc file containing contact forces (where you will be able to get reaction force of the sheet against the punch).

Please see the *DATABASE keyword in the LS-DYNA Keyword User’s Manual for more details:
      https://www.dynasupport.com/manuals/ls-dyna-manuals/ls-dyna_manual_volume_i_r13.pdf

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.