May 8, 2018 at 11:27 pmrrdbesSubscriberANSYS Fluent: I have a heated surface having constant heat flux boundary condition exposed to the atmosphere and I wish to understand how surrounding environmental temperature changes after certain time.
I am doing a 2D steady state analysis. Where can i find the option to view the results at different time or instance during post processing? Thanks!
May 9, 2018 at 12:41 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Steady state means the solution when there is no change in any variable with time. The solution does not capture how the model changed from the initial conditions to the steady state values.
If you want to view the results at different times on the way to the steady state values, that is called a Transient analysis.
May 9, 2018 at 12:54 amrrdbesSubscriber
Do you have any tutorials in setting up transient analysis with steady state values? Thank you!
May 9, 2018 at 11:11 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Raef Kobeissi made this video.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.