May 28, 2021 at 6:10 pmdzhuang18Subscriber
I am using LS Dyna with a manufacturer provided model. I have the following questions:
June 4, 2021 at 4:22 pmtslavikAnsys Employee1) Please refer to this: https://ftp.lstc.com/anonymous/outgoing/support/FAQ/finding_maxima where you are probably interested in the section which begins: "You can also create a TIME HISTORY PLOT"
- I wish to extract a plot of the maximum 1st - principal strain across the entire model as it varies with time. Is this possible in the Post tab? ELOUT has already been triggered in the file, not sure if this is relevant.
- When I output the data using output, like so:
2) The formatting of that file is described in the GENERAL CARD FORMAT section of the Getting Started chapter of the Vol I manual. The manual can be downloaded here: http://www.lstc.com/download/manuals
The word wrapping is a from your text editor - use its option to change the behavior, or try a different editor.
3) The "Curr" button at the bottom of that pop-up menu can be used to write the data for that "current" time state. Advance in time, the use Output again and hit Curr for that new state, and so on.
4) Again, please refer to this: https://ftp.lstc.com/anonymous/outgoing/support/FAQ/finding_maxima
June 18, 2021 at 6:09 pmrybask1SubscriberBe sure that STRFLG is set to 1 in KEYWORD>DATABASE>EXTENT_BINARY in order to output strain data to ELOUT.
Furthermore, you may open the d3plot in LS Pre-Post, then navigate to the 'Post' tab, and view specific element history for maximum principal strain. If you'd like to see all of the elements in the model, you can also use the ASCII tab. and select 'All' elements which were in the element set that was used in the HISTORY set.
Viewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- explicit dynamics
- Explicit dynamics ERRORS
- turning simulation
- getting zero maximum and minimum stress value in explicit analysis
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- How do get Full values instead of just minimum and maximum ?
- Running an explicit dynamics simulation on a composite plate
- Euler Domain Restricting Simulation
- LS-Dyna not appearing in ANSYS Workbench
- How to figure out impact force in Explicit Dynamic Analysis
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.