3D Design

3D Design

Postprocessing geometry display

• Jamessmp23
      Subscriber

Hello all,

I'm curious about the geometry display on the postprocessing section, fluent software. Here is the image on the postprocessing

On the spaceclaim I draw the cylindrical shape for the draft tube geometry but on the post processing section I saw it like a prism shape,

so my question is, does the simulation calculate as the cylindrical shape ? why it appear as the prism shape ?

Thank you all,

James

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

You might have defined some boundary zone in Fluent at that location and that is why you see those prism shape faces. 

OR

You might have missed meshing at that location.

Please cross check your boundary zones in meshing and in Fluent. 

Regards,

Keyur

Also, please like the answers which have helped you move forward and in the end, once your issue is resolved, please mark the most appropriate solution (most useful advice) as 'Is Solution'. This will help others who are using this thread to find answers to similar questions.

• Jamessmp23
      Subscriber

Hi,

Thank you for replying. I already identified the draft tube geometry and name selected the draft tube for mesh sizing (1e-2), for the boundary I set it as stationary wall. 

Any recommendation ? I still don't know why it appear like this and does it calculate as the cylindrical shape tube or prism shape tube ?

Best, 

James 

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hi,

can you please insert the image of boundary zone names you can see in Fluent.

Regards,

Keyur

• Jamessmp23
      Subscriber

Hi,

sorry for late reply I have been waiting for the calculation.

I had tried to mesh sizing again with more precisely, for now I'm able to get the cylindrical draft tube on the post processing.

Here is my set up on wall stationary for the draft tube. Another curious for my draft tube interior boundary, fluent auto set as interior do I need to change it in to wall ?

Thank you, 

James

• Keyur Kanade
      Ansys Employee

Hello, 

Good that you can get that as cylindrical. 

If you have fluid on both side of a boundary zone, fluent will set it as interior. If you want you can change it to wall. 

Regards,

Keyur

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.