Fluids

Fluids

Postprocessing in fluent question

• soloviev
      Subscriber

Hello,

I have recently began post processing in Fluent rather than CFD post. I am wondering if there is a way to 1) change the variable scales to non-scientific and change the range of the variable like in CFD post. 2) display a contour of temperature, I only see a way to display enthalpy.

Thanks,

Alex

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

The scale can be changed, which version are you using as the button may have moved. 

If you're modelling with multiphase switch the phase to mixture (or phase) and you'll see the temperature option. Some properties are per phase and some are for the mixture. 

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

To add, look in the View tab for Colormap, then pick float or general to suit 

• soloviev
      Subscriber

Hi,

I found where I can select total temperature under mixture, thank you. When I do this, the temperature contour is a solid color, despite it saying there is a range of values. 

I also found the way to change to float for the scale under colormap. Thank you.

I'm using 2020R1 as far as changing the range of the scale goes. 

Thanks,

Alex

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

Depending on boundary conditions etc that can happen.  Try turning off global range and/or node values. What surface are you plotting on? 

• soloviev
      Subscriber

The contour showed up once I turned off global range. Thanks! 

I still can't find where to manually change the displayed range for a contour/variable. 

Thanks,

Alex

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

If you turn off auto range you can change the upper & lower limits. 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.