November 6, 2023 at 5:00 pmcharles delepelaireSubscriber
Body 1, 2, and 4 are fixed.
Body 3 can be mobile.
The transparent red component 5 represents the volume of the fluid.
I am looking to:
- Simulate the expansion of bodies 1, 2, and 3 based on fluid pressure.
- Simulate the pressure at different fluid flow outlets based on the pressure applied at the fluid inlet.
- Measure the maximum pressure applied to the mobile part 3 during its displacement until the flow outlets are in the closed position following the movement of the part.
let's see below for some drawing
November 7, 2023 at 4:29 pmRobForum Moderator
Is the component moving because of the pressure or due to preset motion? That will determine what you need to set up. For the meshing, if you're collapsing a region have a look at layering. For layering review the various incylinder examples as it's a very similar set up.
November 10, 2023 at 2:39 amcharles delepelaireSubscriber
moving is due to pressure, but if you agree i will reformulate my request more simply :
lets take a look at this video (4min) :
3d model is explained inside, i will simplify my request into steps :
so for the first one i want to size over-pressure apperture outlets inside my model, so i want to plot pressure over region, and also constraint and reaction force.
but i want equally to mesure relationship between pressure dropping and over-pressure apperture diameter.
how can i do that ?
November 10, 2023 at 10:31 amRobForum Moderator
I can't see the video, but no matter as I'm not supposed to open attachments either!
If the components don't distort then moving mesh in Fluent can be used to push/pull components. As you want the component to move with pressure (as opposed to a pre-set motion speed) you'll need 6DOF (1DOF) to link pressure to motion. The region where the solid moves into/out of can be modelled using layering. Note, you cannot change topology so can't create or remove surfaces: it's explained in the Help and Tutorials in some detail.
November 10, 2023 at 1:14 pmcharles delepelaireSubscriber
no in this model i’ve not included moving part problem for simplification, what’s sthe problem with the video, have you an error message ?
i casted it into public categorie, try it :
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
- Using GPU in FLUENT
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.