June 27, 2023 at 1:04 pmskdubeySubscriber
I am bit confuse how the boundary conditions especially with the pressure is defined in the Ansys.I have incompressible fluid which need to be injected with the constant pressure mode around 25 psi. I have valve, initially at the ambient conditions.
In such situation, Should I use the Operating pressure as : 101325 pa for the valve ?
2. Inlet pressure will be 25 psi or 25+14.67 psig since the inlet has been asked in the pressure gauge?
3. Outlet pressure will be 0 psi or 14.67 psig since the outlet pressure has been asked in the pressure gauge?
4. If we define the operting pressure then is there any need to add the 14.67 psi for the inlet or outlet?
5. I am not sure If I am getting this right. Also when I see the final results,
all the results are in Pa or psi in the cfd post are they abosulte pressure?
June 27, 2023 at 1:58 pmSRPAnsys Employee
I suggest you to please check fluent user's guide: 8.14. Operating Pressure (ansys.com)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.