February 16, 2021 at 6:14 amHuijuanSubscriber
I am using ANSYS mechanical APDL for my project, I encountered the problem of result being not converged. I am particularly looking at the force error to be lesser than force criterion, but it is oscillating for about 1 hour right now which confuses me on where did I do wrong.
My input is shell to shell/solid element as attached in the picture. I combined both models and constraint the base and top of the models with contact and target surface on the affected areas. My goal is to study the pressure distribution from the displacement between both models. How should I approach the question differently?
Thank you in advance for the help
JaneFebruary 16, 2021 at 1:11 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberHi Jane nIt looks like you are trying to converge on to full load step.nTurn on Auto Time Stepping and set the Initial Substeps to 100.nViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.