General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Topics relate to Mechanical Enterprise, Motion, Additive Print and more

Pressure end force transfer between pipe element and solid element

• Adarsh_Gupta
      Subscriber
      Hi, allnI am doing integrated pipe-structure analysis. I have observed that the pipe element (Line element) is not transferring the pressure end forces to the solid geometry at pipe-structure interface with bonded/ rigid joint contact definition. Please share your experience/ thoughts and let me know how I can resolve it. nBest Regards,nAdarshn
    • Rahul Kumbhar
      Ansys Employee
      Can you please share more details? Some snapshots also to explain the problem. Are you using beam element or line element? The link element is uniaxial tension-compression element only.n
    • Adarsh_Gupta
      Subscriber
      Hi, RkumbharnnI am using Beam element to model the pipe members. Please find below the snapshot and the pipe element description for reference.nIf we check pressure end forces at pipe nodes adjacent to pipe structure interface using axial force, we will obtain the value as per formula below.nF = pi()*inner radius^2*Internal Pressure.nOn checking reaction force at pipe structure interface, am getting significantly smaller value. I have used two constraint options (Bonded with MPC/ Fixed Joint) for the pipe-structure joint. I am attaching the result for Fixed joint type connection below for reference.nnPlease let me know if I have missed something.nnRegards,nAdarshn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.