Fluids

Fluids

pressure loss

• Milhm
      Subscriber
      hi.ni want to model a silencer in fluent.i do not have the geometry.I just have the pressure loss caused by silencer.how can i define it for fluent?n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nWhat is the end objective of your simulation? Are you attempting to model the flow inside the silencer? What is your parameter of interest in this simulation?nBtw, I moved your question to the 'Fluids' category for better alignment.nKarthikn
    • Milhm
      Subscriber
      i want to model flow in a pipe.along the pipe exist a silencer.i do not have the geometry of silencer.I just have the pressure loss caused by silencern
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      The first step in CFD is to have a geometry and mesh.nWhat you can do is to design a geometry close to what you expect, and start meshing. Put the pressure boundaries you have, and check the mass flow. Adjust the geometry until you reach mass flow close to your case.nHint. use workbench and parameter ... this will make the job easiern
    • Milhm
      Subscriber
      i have the geometry of pipe.i just do not have geometry of silencer.but i know the pressure loss caused by silencer.is there any way to insert this pressure loss for fluent?n
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      yesnuse a fan model, the fan model is disk where you can apply sharp pressure increase or velocity change. Try to apply it with -ve pressure increase.nn
    • Milhm
      Subscriber
      can i use porous media?nor a source term?n
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      you can use porous media .. but it would be difficult to control the pressure drop. nYes, you can add source term to the momentum equation. You will need to calculate this source per cell. n
    • YasserSelima
      Subscriber
      I think the fan model is simpler. Just look at it in the manual. search for Fan Modeln
    • Milhm
      Subscriber
      how sholud i calculate inputs for porous media or source term?n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nYou don't need the porous media model here. I agree with . Please use the fan model.nKarthikn
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.