TAGGED: acoustic, fluent, harmonic-acoustic, mesh
March 20, 2023 at 11:20 amehsan.sadeghiSubscriber
I am using DAVA (Deterministic Aero-Vibro Acoustic) workflow to calculate the noise propgation in the surronding space. I start by extracting the pressure fluctuations on the the walls (a duct with a flap) then after FFT , I use .cgns files as excitation source in Harmonic Acoustics.
- Assuming that the Fluent Mesh is 4mm on the source region where I have extracted the pressure fluctuations shoud I use the same mesh size in harmonic acoustic to apply the imported cfd pressure?
March 30, 2023 at 2:05 pmFederico Alzamora PrevitaliSubscriber
it is not necessary to use the same mesh size as your Fluent simulation. The choice of mesh size should depend factors such as the frequency range of interest and the spatial resolution required
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.