3D Design

3D Design

pressure measurment point

• eman
      Subscriber

How can i do the pressure point on ansys program like this picture pls 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

I see you have a 5 kg mass impacting a skull at 6 m/s aligned with the center of mass, so this is a transient dynamics problem.

I see the three pressure measurement points: A, B, C.  Is this the pressure inside the skull near soft brain tissue?  I assume you want a pressure-time history plot that shows the pressure wave from the impact.  Or is it the stress in the bone itself, since stress has the units of pressure?

ANSYS can calculate pressure due to impact. Please clarify what exactly you want to calculate and more about the material the 5 kg mass is composed of. If it is a 5 kg silicone rubber block, which has low stiffness, it will exhibit large deformation on impact and the pressure wave will be different than if it is a 5 kg steel block.

Regards,
      Peter

• eman
      Subscriber
      In explicit dynamic I want to measure the pressure on specific point like the first pic in the previous post
      The 5 kg is stanless steel
      I want to know the affect on skull when the the 5kg impact to it at specific point

And how can I do the grid in the front skull ?
    • peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Do you have geometry for a skull?  If so, you open that geometry in SpaceClaim. You can split the geometry to create a Vertex at points A, B and C. Do you have material properties for bone? You enter that in Engineering Data.

After the geometry is attached, you open the Model item where the meshing to form the grid of nodes and elements are done.

• eman
      Subscriber

yes i have the geometry of skull  and i have material of bone i do it 

but i dont know how i can add  pressure measure points 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

On the Design Tab, Add a two planes that intersect at the point where you want to measure pressure. Then Split Body is one of the tools. Click on SYS and make sure in the Properties that Share Topology is set to Share instead of None.  This will create a vertex on the surface of the skull-bone.

I assume the geometry is hollow and has a wall thickness. You can't do this with a solid filled skull shape.

Are you trying to simulate a hollow, dry, skull-bone or a flesh covered, wet, brain-filled skull?

• eman
      Subscriber

i try to simulate just skull-bone 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Were you successful using the Split Body?

• eman
      Subscriber
      How can I do refine path on ansys ?
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.