LS Dyna

LS Dyna

Pressure on line body in explicit dynamics

• arunprabhat12
      Subscriber

I have to apply pressure on truss line body members. Pressure is time varying blast triangular load. When i am applying line pressure through tabular instead of magnitude there is some error. But when using line pressure using magnitude then there is no error. So how can i apply a time varying pressure on line body?

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi Arun,

Please see this post on how to define an expression for pressure based on time.

Regards,
      Sandeep

• arunprabhat12
      Subscriber

Thanks Sir

But when i am applying line pressure through tabular data, an error "Could not transfer loads and constraints to the solver" occurs.

But for pressure on surface body it is not showing any error

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Arun, Can you explain with inline pictures as to what you are doing?

• arunprabhat12
      Subscriber

this is a normal cantilever beam with any random c/sec.

I am applying a time varying line pressure in explicit dynamics module.

In the solution, this error appears

• arunprabhat12
      Subscriber

But in the static structural module this type error is not shown in applying line pressure 

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Arun,

Looks like only the constant load is not supported for Explicit Dynamics. This is from the manual:

Loading Data Definition : Enter loading data using one of the following options.

Constant: Supported.

This is the only option supported for Explicit Dynamics.

Regards,
      Sandeep
      Guidelines on the Student Community

• arunprabhat12
      Subscriber
      Thanks Sir I have checked the manual and it is written that tabular data is not supported for acceleration and line pressure in Explicit Dynamics.
    • arunprabhat12
      Subscriber
      If I do the analysis of bridge under blast in Autodyn solver instead of work bench, will that be much helpful?
    • Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi arun,

Yes, tabular data is supported for displacement, velocity, force, pressure BC. But not for acceleration, even in Autodyn GUI.

Regards,
      Sandeep

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.