April 13, 2023 at 9:20 ammajamSubscriber
I have a question about pressure distribution in a multiphase(gas-liquid) mixing tank.
- first I wanted to mention that the pressure distribution is completely different when I use degassing BC for the liquid surface vs. when I use a Pressure outlet. can you tell me why? Presser outlet seems to be more realistic.
-second, I think this has sth to do with the pressure reference location. Should I change that to a point at the surface of the liquid (0, tank height, 0) ? since in the manual it says it should be at the point where gauge pressure is 0.
-third, the pressure distribution is important for me since it affects the oxygen mass transfer by influencing the saturation concentration of oxygen (Henry's law). Is the total pressure of the liquid the gauge pressure?
April 13, 2023 at 1:34 pmRobAnsys Employee
Degassing only lets gas out (hence the name) so you can get a slightly odd pressure field. It's an old boundary condition and is there to avoid the need to model the free surface.
Check the manual re operating pressure, reference pressure location and pressure boundaries.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.