July 3, 2020 at 9:44 pmjdb333Subscriber
I am trying to solve a simple problem. I have a 1/4 of an enclosed cylindrical pressure vessel with hemispherical ends. When I put a pressure on the inside of the vessel and then fix the displacements on the short ends of the cross section as shown. It says I have an unconstrained model. I dont know why. I know is is not a good model of a cylinder at this point it should act like a beam with a pressure load. What am I missing. Thanks
July 4, 2020 at 2:43 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Make one more plane through the center to have 3 planes and a 1/8 model, then you will have the model fully constrained.
Also, use at least 2 elements through the thickness of the body. Try to use a mesh Method if Sweep through the thickness, then you can have 4 ore more elements through the thickness.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.