April 4, 2020 at 11:43 amacakacaSubscriber
I wonder if someone could give me a hand with my project. I am currently working on modal analysis of an assembly with multiple parts and huge number of elements.
For the next step I would like to perform prestressed modal analysis. Is that possible without running static structural analysis first; is there another way to apply prestress directly in modal analysis?
I am affraid that otherwise my computer will generate an error while solving the model and I wont't be able to get the solution.
Have a nice day and stay healthy!
April 4, 2020 at 12:53 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriber
You must run a Static Structural first and link the Solution cell of that to the Setup cell of the Modal analysis to run a Prestressed Modal analysis.
Why do you think you need to prestress the structure before running the Modal analysis? Do you have long thin sections under high levels of tension like a guitar string or large thin plates under tension like a drum skin? If not, you will not see much difference between the normal Modal result and the Prestressed Modal result.
If your model has a huge number of elements, you should spend some time idealizing the model to reduce the number of elements. If your model is entirely made of solid bodies, here is a list of idealizations that greatly reduce the size of the model, in order of largest to smallest impact.
- Replace a body with a point mass
- Replace uniform cross-section long parts with beam elements on line bodies
- Replace uniform thin-walled parts with shell elements on midsurfaced sheet bodies
- Use Mesh Defeaturing to remove small details from the mesh
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.