Discovery Import

Discovery Import

Probe/chart location change

• papp
      Subscriber

Hello,

I believe (based on my experience) if I create a probe or chart in Discovery Live (Fluids module), it will be applied to the geometric coordinates directly, meaning if its location is changed (via Pull or Move applied to the face, point, etc.), the instrument will show the data according to the original coordinates.

Please, confirm or deny this assumption.

Thanks,

Bálint

• justin.hendrickson
      Subscriber

Hi Balint,

If you apply a calculator to a face, body, or plane it will follow the geometric entity it is associated to. If you move the entity, the calculator will update.

• papp
      Subscriber

Okay, then it seems I have messed something up. Good to know anyways, it makes our lives quite simpler :)

One more question, if I may, is there any difference between 2D and 3D points in this regard?

• papp
      Subscriber
      I'd like to post a counterexample. The 'Leeward points' (left side) were created at the same height as the others, but before beginning the simulation I've moved out of the enclosure (on the top of the screen). Data is still displayed though, as they still were at their original location. Can we sort out this problem? Maybe the root cause is that they are 2D points? (I've just tried a very simple example with 3D points, and they were working just fine.)  
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.