Photonics

Photonics

Problem during sweep: The result of individidual simulations cannot be concatenated

Tagged: ,

• miaomiao1489
      Subscriber

I tried to scan the thickness of the metal, set the variable of the metal thickness in the structure group, and changed the y Max of the left and right line monitor along with the thickness. I wanted to get the P of the left and right line monitor, but there was an error in the scanning, I would like to ask how to solve this problem.  

• Khashayar Ghaffari
      Ansys Employee
      Hi When running parameter sweeps, once all the iterations are complete the sweep object will store the results as a matrix, defined by the number of input points and result data points. For the matrix to be created, the number of results across all iterations should be the same. The ÔÇ£could not be concatenatedÔÇØ error refers to the issue where due to the changes applied in your simulation, number of result data points are no longer the same across iterations.
      Here, this is most likely related to the geometrical changes applied to your structure and monitors. You should still be able to inspect the results for each iteration; in your working directory separate files will be stored for each iteration (in a separate folder). If you are interested in accessing the sweep results in a single matrix for comparison, you would need to re-adjust your simulation so a fair comparison between the iterations can occur.
      Best regards
    • miaomiao1489
      Subscriber
      Thank you very much.
      Best regards

• gauravs3
      Subscriber

I am trying to do the same and getting the same error. According to Khashayar Ghaffari's comment, this should work if say I have 10 input data points and 10 output data points, right? But I am sure that this condition is met and even then I am getting the error. Any further insight on this would be very appreciated. I need to run this for 1000 data sets and going through each file will be very difficult.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.