Fluids

Fluids

Problem getting results in CFX

• pulliamt
      Subscriber

I am getting an error that states as such

"Update failed for the solution component in fluid flow (CFX). The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2"

I am doing a transient analysis of an intake manifold with text files attached to each of my outlets illustrating pressure change over time that ive gotten from Ricardo Wave. The inlet is set at 1 bar. I am simply trying to see fluid flow through the manifold in real time using those parameters but am getting this error. Any ideas why? I am fairly new to this software so please be descriptive with your answer if at all possible. Thanks in advance. 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

If you are beginner then I recommend that you start with simple configurations like assuming constant BCS instead of profile. Anyway please paste some additional Infos like from out file and Screenshot of the definition file.

• pulliamt
      Subscriber

ive completed the simulation with constant boundary conditions already...

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Good.

• pulliamt
      Subscriber

That data isnt the data I need. I need data with different boundary conditions using the text files Ive gotten from ricardo wave. 

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

With the information provided I cannoT have any ideas. Just ensure that the profiles are reasonable limit them to physical Extrema and use smaller timescales. The error message does mean everything and nothing. You can paste the last lines of the out file here before the error message did happen. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.