General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Problem importing transient thermal solution into static-structural

• Praveen95
      Subscriber

Dear Ansys Community,

I am currently doing transient thermal structural analysis. I am using HPC with 20 cores. So, first I created transient thermal module and submitted the job in HPC. I read the result file and the thermal part is finished. Now I have linked the thermal part to the static structural module, where I have connected the transient thermal solution to the static structural setup. But it takes too much effort to start the import with soo much lag. I cannot completely import the thermal load due to the following error.

I am using the student version for pre and post-processing. 

Please help me

Best Regards

Praveen

• Praveen95
      Subscriber

Dear Ansys Community,

I observed that in HPC I ran the same input file for 2 different cases as below

1. I used a shared-memory parallel with 20 cores and the result file is 27.6 GB. It took more time. Only one result file was there(no parallel computing was seen)

2. I used distributed memory parallel with 20 cores and the result file is 18.2 GB. It solved quickly. So many files generated and later combined automatically.

I know in distributed memory type, there will N number of files where N is the number of cores. Later, the results are combined to form a single file. But in my case, the results are not full or complete.

There is some loss in data of the result file if more cores with distributed memory parallel are being used.

Please see the input file attached.

Please help me. 

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.